Tuesday 13 December 2011

Useful Articles - Piracy in the video game industry


I found three more articles relevant to the industry I will be producing for, these, showing conflicting views on the market in terms of piracy.

The first article, found on DigitalSpy, compares the two below articles which argue whether PC game piracy is in decline or on the rise.

The BBC, reporting on the rise of piracy and the PCGA reporting that game piracy is infact in decline. The issue of PC game piracy is a big one in the industry, but I believe that with Digital Distribution and the ability to download 'demo's' of games, dominating the market at current, it will definitely fall in the future.

I think with the current economical climate, and with the 'at home', games and dvd's market doing so well, keeping an eye on the gaming industry and the introduction of new articles like this would be very useful thing for me to do and would greatly help both my understanding of the industry and may help influence my production.

1 comment:

  1. I had a look at these articles myself. Very useful, thanks Char ^_^b

    ReplyDelete