Saturday 10 December 2011

Useful Article - New Technology


Whilst researching for my pre production, I stumbled across this article on Statesman.com, confirming my beliefs that Digital Distribution and handheld apps in the gaming industry are helping open doors for Independent game developers. 

The thing I found particularly interesting about this article is the statistics included in it, such as "11.2 million digital downloads of PC games were purchased online, according to technology research firm NPD Group. That's compared with 8.2 million "physical units purchased at retail" and this quote on the abundance of physical games "I think (packaged products) will always exist, until every last person is connected to the Internet," 

I think this article enforces my idea of having my game as a packaged, indie game, as well as advertising it to be offered through digital distribution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment