Thursday 9 February 2012

Game Cover - Flat Plans

Working from the Cover Style Models, Cover Analysis and Game Conventions Research I designed three potential video game covers for my game. All three of these covers stick heavily to the conventions I had observed and feature the two characters I had designed for my game, the protagonist Wren and the helper ZED900.

This cover features my protagonist and helped in equal proportions to each other on the screen, both are shown at the front of the cover, connotating that they are equal and drawing interest to both of them. The Gear is shown on the bottom left hand side of the page, underneath the ESRB content rating.
Screenshots are shown on the back cover in following with video game cover conventions.

This second cover features ZED900 the Bat AI at the front of the cover art, this draws most of the attention to him, due to him being the largest thing on the cover. Wren the protagonist is shown star gazing from his home (as shown in the storyboards of my advert) and the Gear is shown falling from the sky. 
Screenshots are once again shown on the back cover.

Finally, my third flat plan shows Wren as the main figure, drawing the most interest to him, He is leaning on one hand and on his knee with the gear in his hand. ZED900 is shown in the distance, mysteriously looking out at the night sky. 
Screenshots are a convention I followed once again in this design.

I personally really like all of the cover designs, I think I will design similar flat plan pieces for my poster before creating a survey monkey aimed at my target audience. By choosing to design the Poster and Cover with the most votes, this should help to directly appeal to my target audience and in turn this should help attract the people I want, to my game. 

1 comment: