Friday 8 July 2011

Brief and Explanation for choosing it.

A promotion package for a new computer/video game, to include two TV advertisements together with two of the following three options:
  • The cover of the games package;
  • Two hyperlinked pages from the games website;
  • A magazine advertisement for the game.

I have chosen this brief mainly because it fits in with what I aspire to do in later life. I would like to go into a job based in the animation or games industry and I feel that by choosing this brief, I am both, playing close to my interests, as well as getting a small insight into what the games industry is like. My choices of the options will be; A magazine advertisement for the game and the cover of the games package.

In AS, I studied the print brief in which I created a front cover, double page spread and contents page for a music magazine. By doing this I gained basic experience in both the workings of the Apple Mac computers and editing programs such as Photoshop.

I chose this brief because I feel that it will allow me to develop my practical skills in this area and help me to better learn vital software such as Photoshop. I also decided on it because it is something that interests me and it will help equip me with skills needed for my future career path.

As a starting point, I will be analysing existing products, such as magazine advertisements of games similar to the one I wish to produce. I will use this research to gain ideas on what I want my final product to be like, looking at target audience, design for game advertisements and existing products.

1 comment:

  1. A well thought out choice given your future academic and career choice.

    ReplyDelete