Wednesday 8 February 2012

Game Poster - Flat Plans

I created three flat plan idea's for my video game poster/magazine advertisement also. This time referencing my poster analysis and Gaming conventions research. I made sure that I followed these conventions, in order to appeal to my desired target audience but also to help me gain footing in the video game market. 

This cover, similar to one of the game covers I flat planned, features my protagonist Wren in the foreground of the poster, the gear is again, shown on the bottom left hand side of the screen. This poster contains two screenshots, overlayed on top of Wren, ZED900 is shown to the left of Wren and it features the typical ESRB rating, PC logo and other iconography commonly found on video game advertisements.  Text can be placed down both sides of Wren, with spaces for a small amount of text underneath the screenshot also. 

On this cover I placed gears falling down the right hand side of my poster. This advertisement featured ZED900, my games 'helper' character, in the foreground, with Wrens house in the background. The logo for my game is featured at the very top of the advert and text can be placed over the background of the ad. Screenshots have been placed down the front of ZED and typical video game iconography has been placed in the bottom left hand corner of this. 

Finally, my third poster, a lot like the cover of a similar nature features Wren sat down on some grass, holding the gear. A screenshot is found above him and to the side of him and ZED900 is featured in the background (Introducing the characters to the viewer). There is lots of space for text in between the two characters and iconography is used along the bottom, to inform the viewer of what ESRB rating it is as well as what platform it is available on.

1 comment: