Wednesday 11 January 2012

Logo's and Fonts within the Gaming Industry

Logos are a very important part of branding and creating a product, this is no different within the gaming industry. Logos allow players to recognise a game or the company creating a game which will help when it comes to advertising and packaging a product.

Below I have selected 6 logos created to advertise games, some of these are games I have written about on my blog before. All these logos use iconography, viewers will recognise these, such as the Minecraft logo being made out of blocks from the game, the Donkey Kong logo having the stars in the middle of the 'O's and the Terraria logo having a tree from the game. 
All of these logos bare some relevance to the game itself and most gamers would recognise these. Most only use one or two colours, with the exception of Mario which uses four and all are very simple.






Below are three game developer logos, all of these are indie developers (like I will be when creating my game) As you can see from all of them, they are very simple and therefore easy to recognise. When designing both the logo for Gear Rift and the logo for my 'games company' I will need to take into account these real life examples to appeal to the industry I am working in and also to appeal to my target audience





1 comment: